|The Pinnacles, Phillip Island VIC ~ © Lincoln Harrison - "The best location I've ever seen."|
Apart from getting a nice image to hang on his wall, Lincoln enjoys the process of taking the shots, and being at nice locations under a starry sky. "I try to come up with new ideas and techniques rather than keep churning out different versions of the same basic image."
|"Forgotten" - Old barn, Mitiamo VIC ~ © Lincoln Harrison (click to see larger)|
|"Noctis" - Lighthouse, Cape Schanck, VIC ~ © Lincoln Harrison (click to see larger)|
Lincoln's biggest challenges come from the weather. "Quite often I'll drive for hours with clear skies the whole way, [and] ten minutes before I arrive at my location, the clouds roll in." On the 'Pinnacle' photo, he was very lucky with the conditions, but for every other time he's been there it has rained non-stop!
|"Fusion" - Dead Tree, Ravenswood VIC ~ © Lincoln Harrison (click to see larger)|
Lincoln's Cannot-Do-Without Equipment List:
- Nikon D800E (Low Pass Filter w/Anti-Aliasing Removed)
- Nikkor 14-24mm Lens (AF-S Zoom Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF)
- Gitzo 3532s Tripod with a Manfrotto 405 Geared Head
Lincoln's Most Valuable Tools, Apps, and Software:
- On his iPad, he plans his shots with: The Photographer's Ephermeris, Google Earth, Dark Sky, Tides AU, and OZ Weather.
- On his PC, he does all his post processing with Adobe Photoshop CS6.
|"Bib Bang" - Dead Tree, Ravenswood VIC ~ © Lincoln Harrison (click to see larger)|
More of Lincoln Harrison's work can be seen at his 500px page.